Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display other aircrafts on radar, GPS and TCAS systems...  (Read 10767 times)

Anubis

Display other aircrafts on radar, GPS and TCAS systems...
« on: November 20, 2010, 05:52:27 AM »

Good Morning,

I am trying with other friends FSHost and there is something I have not yet figured out. Other aircrafts are visibile on GPS, radar and TCAS systems? I am asking this because it does not seem to work.

I have tried the IRIS DA-42 Twin Star (which has in the G-1000 panel the "traffic" option to display other aircrafts) and the normal GPS-500, modified to display traffic as well.

I can see the AI traffic (if enabled) on those devices, but I can't see any other aircraft on the radar screen, even if I can see them visually.

I have tried with FSHost client 1.1 and the other one (1.2.b2) without the 10nm limitation but it does not seem to make any difference.

EDIT:
Yes, i can confirm with FSX the other players are not displayed. AI Traffic (when enabled) is displayed. This using this XML code chunk that can be added to any GPS used in FSX:

"
<LayerVehicles>1</LayerVehicles>
<DetailLayerVehicles>True</DetailLayerVehicles>
<TextDetailLayerVehicles>True</TextDetailLayerVehicles>
<ObjectDetailLayerVehicles>0x05</ObjectDetailLayerVehicles>
<ColorLayerVehicles>(@g:setup_ColorTerrain) 1 == if{ 0x006666 } els{ 0x44ffff }</ColorLayerVehicles>
"

Any AI Traffic is displayed in this way, bu no FSHost traffic..

Thanks,

Anubis
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:10:31 AM by Anubis »

Robert

• Hop List generator
Re: Display other aircrafts on radar, GPS and TCAS systems...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:34:56 PM »

See here - it may solve your problem:
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=748.0
Good luck.

Anubis

Re: Display other aircrafts on radar, GPS and TCAS systems...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:00:18 AM »

Thanks, but this is not related to FSUIPC, the XML code I quoted is part of the GPS-500 which is standard FSX and do not use FSUIPC.

What I mean is any GPS with traffic capabilities (that is, it can show nearby aircrafts) does not show anything on the screen, despite the fact there are aircrafts around which can be visually seen.

I have found another gauge that is capable to track aircraft and I compared the XML code: the gauge capable to track aircrafts builds a list of aircrafts by using some kind of filter, whereas the GPS simply enables an additional data layer (the traffic one).

Are the AI aircrafts injected by FSHost belonging to some special category?

Anubis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything