Started by G_CHAS, September 12, 2003, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CowBoyGuy

I say keep your pilots on their toes by changing the weather regularly! Boy were they surprised when I changed the airpressure... and caused a pitot tube to freeze  ;D
Using free stuff to better the world...
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/alandtracysmith/CutRate/

CowBoyGuy

OK, problem report. We've been running well for quite some time without errors. Tonight (9/16) around 10PM EDT, should be about 5PM in the logs, we had a lot of errors with a few payers getting dropped (SteveC, N976SP, toxic). (2) 2004 and (1) 2002. There was also a FSNav connection from one of the 2004 players at the time. There were some high latency numbers mixed in too. (Logs will be available shortly after 5:15 AM EDT on the 17th.)

** The message on the user screens read that the Host has left the session **

Users were unable to join, and sometimes not even see the session until I hit a reset button on my router (last ditch effort to get them back in).

I'm at  a loss since the Teamspeak server is also inside my router and no one was lost from that session.

Could it be a router issue? (I run a Linksys BEFW11S4 version 1, Dec 13, 2002 firmware)
There were just the 3 pilots and one FSNav, and they have had many more over recent days (8 at a time, mixed with pilots and FSNav) with no reported errors.

>:(
Using free stuff to better the world...
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/alandtracysmith/CutRate/

PeterR

I've gotten occasional reports of "server left session" but I haven't been able to find a correlation except that it only happens to people on FS9. But it doesn't happen to everyone on FS9. Also, it doesn't seem to matter if there are many people on the server or none.

Anyway, we're updating to b15 so I want to see what happens with that.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"

Russell Gilbert

My gut feeling on this problem of FS9 getting disconnected is that it's just gonna stay that way for a while.

I don't know if it's a problem in FS9, or a problem in FSHost because I'm not setting something the right way.  But whatever it is, I can't seem to find the answer, so I'll just hope that I get divine inspiration some time later, after 3.0 is released.

>:(

Russell

PeterR

Divine inspiration or an SDK. Hmm, if history is any indication, I guess we'll have to count on that inspiration for a while.  ;D
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"

Skydiver173

Hey guys....

This same thing is happening to my server also... but the strange thing is, when it does happen, It takes out the entire network. In other words, all computers on the network cant get back online for a while (exact time is unknown). This is probably a ISP issue rather than a FS9 or FSHost problem... I dunno....

Anyone else having this same problem?

PeterR

I haven't encountered a case where no one could get back in. 2002 clients can always connect. 2004 sometimes gets booted and some can connect back right away but some cannot. That was on b12.

We're on b15 now so we'll see what happens.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"