Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hop List won't activate  (Read 4794 times)

Aleakaraul

Hop List won't activate
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »

Hi there, after 5h trying to figure hop list out alone, I give up and I need someone's help. I've made an small hop list for testing on basesten website, uploaded, everything seems to be ok. But whem I and the others type ?hop, nothing happens, instructions doens't appear. Is there some command I'm not setting up? The first leg seems to not activate.

What i have already done was:
hoplist uploaded.
on command box, ?hop is set.
?hop=x need to be set and how?

If theres a way to make an tutorial I would apreciate. Thanks mates.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Hop List won't activate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:10:26 AM »

If you go to the Options window, and change to the Hop List tab, do you see all the hops listed there in the white box at the top?

Russell

Aleakaraul

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »

If you go to the Options window, and change to the Hop List tab, do you see all the hops listed there in the white box at the top?

Russell

Hi Russell! yes, I see them, for example, we have set, like everyone does to people type ?hop and a message comes to go to certain airport. When we go to the first hop and type again, nothing happens. I know its supposed to be simple, but I'm not able to understand whats going on.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:05:11 AM »

Ok, so if I understand correctly, the first time you type ?hop, it does tell you to go to the first airport. That's good, it means it has the hop list loaded ok.

When you go to the first airport, FSHost is supposed to detect your location. Then when you type ?hop again, it should give you the instructions for the next hop. If that's not working, you can check a couple of things.

First, look at FSHost and see what airport it thinks you're closest to when you get to the first airport.  If there are multiple airports near each other, it can sometimes get confused.

Also, try changing the first airport to a different one that doesn't have any other airports around it -- just as a test.

And finally, make sure you're on the ground and moving less than 60 kts. Or better yet, come to a complete stop first, and move to the center of the airport. Normally it'll detect you as soon as you get close, but maybe it's having trouble for some reason. Again, see what FSHost is reporting for your location.

Try those things and let me know what you're seeing.

Thanks,
Russell

Homer

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »

When you are close to the destination of the ?hop, type ?where to check your position. Does ?where and ?hop match?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:53:17 PM by Homer »
The Ultimate Global Tours
http://99.225.112.96:9901/
Pages: [1]   Go Up