Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems With AccessPublic  (Read 6581 times)

Maverick

Problems With AccessPublic
« on: June 24, 2003, 11:20:17 AM »

Hey Russell. Got a good question for ya. OK, on my RemoteAccessPublic.html page I am trying to host frames on that page. The bottom frame being the main FS Host Public Access page and the top frame being a site navigation bar. The navigation bar is hosted on an actual web server from my ISP and it shows up. However, I cannot figure out how to get the FS Host Public Access page to show. I understand that FS Host uses commands rather than URLs to direct browsers to different pages so maybe you can tell me how I can do this. THanks!

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Problems With AccessPublic
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 06:53:47 PM »

Hi Maverick,

Sure, I think you just need something like this:

<html>
<frameset rows="115,*">
    <frame name="header" src="http://fshost.cc/game.html">
    <frame name="fshost" src="http://68.33.151.238/">
</frameset>
</html>

Copy that into an html file, and you should see a frame at the top that loads a normal web page, and a frame at the bottom that loads the public page from FSHost.  To get the public page from any FSHost, you just use the IP address of the server, without anything after it.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you...

Russell

Maverick

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:46:41 AM »

OK, Russell I understand that but I am trying to get the framed page to appear when you type my IP address into the browser window. So when I create the HTML file and place it in the FS Host directory, what do I name the file so that when the IP is typed into the browser window the framed page appears in the browser?

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 09:57:35 AM »

Oh! Ok, that's a bit more tricky, but definitely possible.

What you need to do is to rename the "RemoteAccessPublic.html" file to "user.html".  Then create a new "RemoteAccessPublic.html" file, with something like this in it:

<html>
<frameset rows="115,*">
    <frame name="header" src="http://fshost.cc/game.html">
    <frame name="fshost" src="/user.html">
</frameset>
</html>

The top frame will be your header, and the bottom will be the user.html file, which is really just a copy of the normal public file.

Russell

Maverick

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 10:35:40 AM »

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Still not working. Here's what I have done so far.

I renamed the original RemoteAccessPublic.html to "user.html". I then created a new html doc with the html code that you provided me in your last response and named that Remote Access Public.html and placed it into the FS Host Directory. However, the header is showing up, which I have hosted on a web server from my ISP, but my "user.html" is not displaying. Instead I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error. Why is this?

Also, is there any way that I can use the "show commands" to accomplish this task? If so how?

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 06:32:04 PM »

Hi Maverick,

You said you "created a new html doc with the html code that you provided me in your last response and named that Remote Access Public.html".  The file should actually be "RemoteAccessPublic.html", with no spaces, but I'm assuming you just typed it wrong in here, since you said the header is showing up.  Just want to be sure tho.

Can you include both your "RemoteAccessPublic.html" and user.html files in here for me to see?  Be sure to click the checkbox called "Check this if you'll be adding code" when you post it here, so it displays it right.  Or you're also welcome to email them to me.  Sounds like you're close...

Thanks,

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything