Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shared cockpit in Prepar3d  (Read 9620 times)

den4

Shared cockpit in Prepar3d
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

Having just installed P3D I have discovered your fantastic program to enable me to connect to FSX MP sessions.  However I would like to be able to connect  shared cockpit from my P3D, via the internet, to someone else running FSX.
Can I do this and if so how please?
Sorry if this has been asked before but a search showed nothing.

Den

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Shared cockpit in Prepar3d
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »

Hi Den,

Unfortunately the shared cockpit feature is not available with FSHostClient and FSHost. When Microsoft created FSX, they removed the existing multiplayer system used in FS2002 and FS2004 and rebuilt it using a proprietary system that's not available to developers like me. They essentially forced all multiplayer developers to build the entire multiplayer system themselves, from scratch, using the new SimConnect SDK. Because of the complexity involved, I've chosen not to recreate the shared cockpit feature -- yet, anyway. Sorry, I'm afraid you'll have to connect the sims directly in order to use that feature for the time being.

Note however, that I just released FSHostClient 1.2, with support for Prepar3D. Download FSHostClient here.

Thanks,
Russell
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:33:37 AM by Russell Gilbert »

den4

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »

Russell
Thanks for the reply.
When you say about connecting the sims directly I assume you mean using IP addresses, but I did not realise this would allow FSX to P3D in shared cockpit.  I'll have to gie it a try.

PS thanks for the latest update for P3D as well.

Den

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »

Oops, sorry Den. No, I meant you'll have to connect two copies of P3D together directly, or two copies of FSX. I don't think it's possible to connect P3D and FSX directly. It looks like P3D uses a different type of multiplayer system.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up