Feature

Started by PeterR, September 20, 2003, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

Hi Russell,

This might have to go into 3.1 but I'll post about it anyway. Since I'm now using tooltips for additional information, would it be possible to have a remoteaccesspublic variable for ^^coordinates^^? That way I can supply the exact location of an aircraft in addition to the current distance and ICAO information. That would make it really easy to find someone online.

The status pages are gettting to be a nice collection. This round, I added a dynamic menu bar (having CSS support is great!), more color, more information and a link to directly connect to the TeamSpeak server.

http://bn.turbulentsky.com/

Oh, and the template mechanism you used for the hop list status page could also be used to display text chat content since you can control the number of lines to be displayed.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"

Russell Gilbert

Yep -- try ^^latitude^^ and ^^longitude^^ in the player list.

Russell

PeterR

Oh, OK. How did I miss those?  ::)

Once in a while, I'll see coordinates show up for ^^near^^ instead of an ICAO code. I don't remember which version was running when I saw that.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"

Russell Gilbert

Yeah, if the player is further than about 48 miles from any airport, it'll show their lat/lon coordinates instead of an airport in the ^^near^^ variable.  Usually when you're out over the ocean, etc.  In that case ^^near_distance^^ is empty.

But the lat/lon variables are always valid, regardless of whether or not there's a nearest airport.

Check out the help page I'm working on, especially this "Special variables" part of the Remote Access section (usual beta username and password):

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/beta/?help.html#variables

Russell

PeterR

Thanks Russell. The only reason I'm a bit concerned about the ^^near^^ variable showing coordinates is due to my use of that variable for looking up airport and weather information. If I may, I'd like to propose the following:

- Only return an ICAO code or nothing in ^^near^^
- Use a conditional in the default remoteaccesspublic such that when ^^near^^ is empty, ^^longitude^^ and ^^latitude^^ are displayed.

This would make the contents of ^^near^^ predictable and still provide the same functionality (ICAO or coordinates) in the default remoteaccesspublic page.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"

Russell Gilbert

Good idea.

I've updated both variables, as well as converted the lat/lon variables to show a more human-readable format.  Take a look at the variables page I mentioned above for details.

I also updated RemoteAccessPublic.html and RemoteAccessOwnerPlayers.html to use this line for the "near" column:

<td>^^BEGIN_IF(near,!=,)^^^^near^^ ^^near_distance^^^^END_IF^^^^BEGIN_IF(near,=,)^^^^latitude^^, ^^longitude^^^^END_IF^^</td>

So now this column shows one of the following:

<empty>
KCGX
KCGX 2nm
N38° 9.10', W073° 13.56'

Thanks!

Russell

PeterR

Excellent! Thank you, Russell.
Peter
Bush Flying Unlimited
"At home in the wild"