FSHostClient for FSX > FSHostClient for FSX

Sticky: Side by side configuration error

<< < (2/5) > >>

Russell Gilbert:
Hi,

I updated my post above with more thorough instructions, including new steps to reinstall SimConnect if the first part doesn't help.  Give that a try and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Russell

logo3801:
I have removed all of my C++ installs and installed a new fresh one along with installing SimConnect both are successful in the App logs in event viewer. Still I get the side by side configuration error.

Note:
Im running FSHost Server and players can connect and play on it. I just can't run FSHostClient.
Windows Ultimate 64 bit.
Ive tried the whole thing again and again with reboots and x86 C++ and just x64 C++

Please help! If you need any information I can get it for you!

Russell Gilbert:

--- Quote from: logo3801 on December 18, 2012, 06:00:31 PM ---I have removed all of my C++ installs and installed a new fresh one along with installing SimConnect both are successful in the App logs in event viewer. Still I get the side by side configuration error.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

This is a frustrating, problem, I know. I've been doing lots of reading and experiments trying to figure out a solution that works for everyone.

Can you try running FSHostClient again, and then after you get the error, check to see if there's something in the event viewer about it?  Maybe there's an error message that will point us in the right direction.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell Gilbert:
When you're looking in the Event Viewer, also look for entries with "SideBySide" in the "Source" column.  If you have any of those entries, they'll probably have a red exclamation point icon in the first column.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell Gilbert:
Ok, I have another idea...  :)

It seems like the basic problem is that either SimConnect isn't installed, or Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable isn't installed, or both.  So I made a little batch file that just looks for those directories under C:\Windows\WinSxS, and displays what it finds to the screen. So if you're having this problem, download the file "check_fshostclient.bat" that I'm attaching to this post (the link should be just under the post) and run it. Then either post a screenshot of it, or copy and paste the text back into a post here.

If you're not sure how to copy text from the window that opens when you run the file, here's how: click the little icon in the far upper left corner of the window, and select Edit / Select All. It should highlight all the text in white. Then press the Enter key, and it'll copy it to the clipboard. Then just paste it with Ctrl-V back into a post here.

Thanks,
Russell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version