Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of DELAYED in FS Host  (Read 3062 times)

Buffalo 1

Status of DELAYED in FS Host
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »

Today someone couldn't get their flight to register.  I checked FSHost Spy and it said Status "DELAYED".  There is no mention of this status (DELAYED) in your FAQs and I suggested that the plane might be in slew or not on normal speed.  Both of these suggestions failed to release the DELAYED status.  Answer please.

Stumped

Jim
Buffalo 1

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Status of DELAYED in FS Host
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »

Hi Jim,

Was this on your server, or someone else's?

Also, I assume you're talking about the status of the player, not a flight plan, right?

Thanks,
Russell

Buffalo 1

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:24:28 PM »

Yes on UGT Main and it was the player not a flight. fazbear and she's on right now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:45:59 PM by Buffalo 1 »
Buffalo 1

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:27:53 PM »

Yes, I see what you mean now.

The FSHost server comes with a file called "messages.txt", which contains at lot of different names for things that get displayed in various places in FSHost. The names are included in this file so they can be modified, especially for translating to other languages. It looks like they've changed the player status messages, and my guess is that "DELAYED" is actually "Not in plane" in the default file. That status is displayed whenever FSHost isn't receiving any location data from the player. It can happen when the player is on the initial setup screens in Flight Simulator, before they've started a flight. But it can also happen if there's a communication problem.

The fact that her "Aircraft" entry is blank, and a couple of numbers are zero, tells me that this is definitely a communication problem, most likely caused by her using a router that hasn't been properly configured. Please refer her to the Help entry below for detailed instructions on how to configure her router, and then the problem will most likely go away:

Firewalls, Routers, and Port Forwarding

Thanks,
Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything