Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FSHost Client v1.4 not in FSX Add-ons  (Read 3015 times)

AAL675

FSHost Client v1.4 not in FSX Add-ons
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »

Instructions on the FSHost Client page advise of 2 ways to connect with FSX, one (that I have always used in the past) is to click on the FSC icon and connect prior to the flight, and the other is to start your FSX flight, then select Add-ons from the simulator menu bar, and click on "FSHost Client" in the subsequent drop-down box.  Everything is working OK, as I'm used to it working, but the 2nd option to connect (from the Add-ons) doesn't work, simply because FSHost Client is not listed among the Add-on selections.  The only two Add-ons currently shown are "FSUIPC" and "Start SquawkBox."  No "FSHost Client"...

Am I not understanding the instructions properly, or is there something I haven't done right in order to get this option going?

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance rendered here!

Rocky, AAL675

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: FSHost Client v1.4 not in FSX Add-ons
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

Hi Rocky,

The FSHostClient entry under the Add-ons menu is mainly just to make it easier to bring up things like the chat window or the multiplayer connect window in FSHostClient from within FSX. But to see the Add-ons menu for FSHostClient you still have to have both FSX and FSHostClient running at the same time, on the same machine, and you have to start both programs yourself.

First, start FSX and FSHostClient.  When both programs are running, look in FSHostClient and you should see a message saying it's connected to FSX -- something like this, although your versions might be slightly different:

Connected to Microsoft Flight Simulator X version 10.0.60905.0 with SimConnect version 2.0.60905.0

Then start a Free Flight in FSX and get into a plane.  Make sure you're not in Full Screen mode in FSX.  Check under the Views menu to make sure Full Screen is not checked.  You should then always see the menu bar at the top (Flights, Aircraft, World, etc.), even without pressing the Alt key.  You can maximize the window if you want to make it take up the full screen, just don't use Full Screen mode.  Then you should see a menu item at the far right called Add-ons.  Click that and you'll see the FSHostClient options.

If that doesn't work, let me know what you're seeing and we'll try something else.

Thanks,
Russell

AAL675

Re: FSHost Client v1.4 not in FSX Add-ons
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »

Thanks for the details, Russell!  I'll comply with your instruction here and advise when I know...

Rocky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything