Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Prepar3D v2.5 no aircraft list  (Read 26554 times)

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Prepar3D v2.5 no aircraft list
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 09:14:17 AM »

where do I see the result of the scan sir? also I have my Prepar3D installed on it's own drive. Is there a tutorial on how to direct the scan to that simobject folder on another drive?

FSHostClient looks in the registry on your PC to find the folder where Prepar3D (or FSX) was installed, so it should find it automatically if it hasn't been moved since you ran the Prepar3D installer.

You can see which files FSHostClient finds during the scan by turning on debug logging. In FSHostClient, go to Edit / Options, and check "Log debug messages". Then restart FSHostClient and you should see debug messages displayed in green text. (Prepar3D or FSX has to be running also, but can be started either before or after FSHostClient.)

Thanks,
Russell

FireRx

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »

okay thank you sir :)

Update:
I enabled the log and it going to the right place. it just won't show our aircraft that we both already own and in SimObjects. ie both of us tried with our Milviz Helicopters, the P3d version of the r22, and dodsim 206. All came up as Mooney Bravo airplane. We both see each other as the Mooney Bravo no matter which Helicopter we choose. Note both of use are on Prepar3D also if that makes a difference.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:04:51 PM by FireRx »

FireRx

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 05:37:14 AM »

Russell,
any thoughts or solutions? 8)

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 07:36:29 AM »

I enabled the log and it going to the right place. it just won't show our aircraft that we both already own and in SimObjects. ie both of us tried with our Milviz Helicopters, the P3d version of the r22, and dodsim 206. All came up as Mooney Bravo airplane. We both see each other as the Mooney Bravo no matter which Helicopter we choose. Note both of use are on Prepar3D also if that makes a difference.

Sorry, didn't see that you edited the post.

You might try this...

After you're both in the session and you see each other's aircraft, go to the Player menu in FSHostClient and select "Change player's aircraft". If it found the helicopter models during the scan at startup, you should see them in the list of available aircraft. You can then try selecting one of them to see if it changes which aircraft you see the other person in.

Thanks,
Russell

FireRx

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »

okay I'll try that and get back to you  8)

FireRx

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »

still not showing any aircraft form my simobjects in the list
just what the actual aircraft is, and the mooney bravo displayed for it.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 01:06:28 PM »

still not showing any aircraft form my simobjects in the list
just what the actual aircraft is, and the mooney bravo displayed for it.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Do you see the helicopters listed in the FSHostClient debug log?

Also, when you select a player in FSHostClient and then go to Player / "Change player's aircraft", do you see the helicopters listed there? If so, what happens when you select one?

Thanks,
Russell

FireRx

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 01:52:37 PM »

Russel,
Finally got it to work,
I was using the version 1.4. I downloaded version 1.5 beta3 and I can see the aircraft now. Thank you for your patience sir.
 8)

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »

Ah ok great. Guess I should have checked that first. :-)

Russell

FireRx

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 07:23:40 PM »

an Viable solution to the stuttering on the the visual of the other pilots on multiplayer? :D

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »

Any viable solution to the stuttering on the the visual of the other pilots on multiplayer? :D

I'm afraid not. This is still my most recent post on the subject:

Jittery-Jerky planes in formation flying

Thanks,
Russell

FireRx

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »

so the problem is in PRePAr3d too then, huh? :(

Screwbottle

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 11:44:41 AM »

so the problem is in PRePAr3d too then, huh? :(

Sorry, I've just joined this forum, as I am going to post shortly a nice discovery I have made (hope I'm the first) of your app, with FS9, FSX and P3D. Watch for my new post.

So sorry if I am more that 120 days past in posting here, but as I was reading, I read this issue of stuttering aircraft when in formation flying. I have been working on this for years with FSX, and now P3D to a lesser extent, but not so bad in P3D v3.3.X recently. Agreed as to your discovery of what you think it is, coming from SimConnect. BUT, it is compounded along with it coming from your wired nic LAN or WiFi interfaces hooked up to a brand of switches and routers, to either a local LAN party, or to the 'net.

Firstly make sure you have good quality brand names, not the fong kong types, if they are added to the PC via USB or a PC slot, and yes the good quality brands cost plenty in some cases. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Realtek onboard both LAN and WiFi are not too bad, but get the latest drivers, either from your board manufacturer or direct from Realtek, that's a given. And then if you know what you are doing turn off USB (ALL of the hubs) and LAN / WiFi power management. To this day this does not work properly under MS operating systems, and causes dips and dropping of connectivity. And if you know what you are doing in the extended settings inside the Nic cards driver, you can tweak and set it until you get a good sustained connectivity. Otherwise leave default as is, I change the speed to the max the card can handle, bascally forcing it to work in 100Mbit, 300Mbit or gigabyte mode (if this speed is applicable), and full duplex.

Then the Router, WiFi or cable, MUST again be a high quality model, Asus seem to be leading the roost at the moment for very high quality gaming routers, expect upwards of $200.00. But what ever, find a well liked, and listed model with the absolute cutting edge in LAN (Gigabit LAN ports) and WiFi 802.11N + (if you can afford it 802.11AC), and you will also have to teach yourself how to set all of the features of the router to get the max out of it. And if using LAN cables, avoid home made jobs, go for factory manufactured CAT5+ or even better CAT6, the throughput is then guaranteed.

This is what I do for the virtual avaition club I am the technical officer of, and we have almost eliminated the jerking formation. It's at a level where it is almost unnoticeable, and makes for a plausible experience now, even to observers at events and public demonstrations etc.

Hope tihs can help others with this issue.

Regards
Andrew Brown
alias Screwbottle.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:57:31 PM by Screwbottle »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

anything