Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "?hop" Dont send to all  (Read 3146 times)

N11778

"?hop" Dont send to all
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:23 AM »

Dont send the users "?hop" to all players send it privately to them only.
will help keep others players hop list in the chat window.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: "?hop" Dont send to all
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:10:19 AM »

This is already the way FSHost works. It sends the response to ?hop in a private message only to the player that requested it.

Thanks,
Russell

N11778

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »

When you type " ?Hop "   don't send the fact that someone typed " Hop " to all the other players this scrolls all the other players hop list off the top of the chat window.  then they type hop to get it back and this shows up as ?hop on all the other players window. Then they type hop to get the hop list back and it all starts over ?hop   ?Hop   ?Hop

What am i trying to say??     is    Don't send the ?Hop   to the other players.
its nice to keep the hop list the last thing, so you dont miss someones message if they say something.    if you just scroll the  hop list back into the window you miss the other players asking something.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »

Ah, I get what you mean now.

The problem is that when a player types "?hop", it automatically goes to all other players in the session, including FSHost. There's no way I can stop it, because it's not a message that's being created by FSHost.

However, if the player is using FSHostClient (with FSX or Prepar3d), they can use the FSHostClient chat window to click the name of the FSHost server, and then the ?hop message they send to FSHost will be a private message, and nobody else will see it.

The problem, of course, is that not everyone's using FSHostClient (for example, if they're in FS2002 or FS2004), and even if they are, they may prefer to use the chat window built into FS. Or they may just not know they can send a private message using FSHostClient.

Sorry I don't have a better solution.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything