Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FSHost  (Read 363 times)

Kenny Fox

• fsvkenny@fsvintageair.com
    • FSVintageAIR
FSHost
« on: July 25, 2020, 07:06:58 PM »

Hello Russell.

Russell, I've used FSHost for many years now. Only because of things like X-Plane and P3D I have had to use different multiplayer software, but I think FSHost is still the better way to go. At this point X-Plane is the only sim that does not work with Host, but I still plan to use FSHost.

FSHost is a real server with more control for the person that wants to run a multiplayer server. Control over weather, who's joining the session and more.

Please don't stop developing FSHost and the FSHost clients.

Thank you for your time and work,
FSV1142 Kenny
http://www.fsvintageair.com/FSV_phpvms/index.php
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:15:33 PM by Kenny Fox »
Thank you
FSV1142 Kenny
fsvkenny@fsvintageair.com

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: FSHost
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the nice message! Glad to hear you're still happy with FSHost and FSHostClient after all this time.

I don't do much development on my FS programs lately but I do still support them, and still consider them open projects in case changes are needed in the future.

I'm interested to see if there are any multiplayer options I might be able to support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator that's due out soon. I guess we'll see.

Thanks again,
Russell

themidge88

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »

Hi Russell,

Many thanks for the time you've put into development over the years - I still owe you a postcard! I've enjoyed playing on the UGT server for more years than I can remember. I'm still not even half way through the hoplist. Having tinkered with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator for the past week, I'm amazed by it. I would be delighted if I could continue flying on the UGT server on the new MSFS but I understand that could be a lot of work for you. I just wanted to let you know there was interest in such a feature if you had the time and tools to be able to make it happen.

If not, no worries and I'll just have to finish that server on FSX.

Thanks again!

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 05:53:11 AM »

Thanks very much - glad you're still enjoying the programs!

I've been looking into the new FS2020 and I'm happy to report that it's based on Microsoft's FSX, which means it should eventually have support for all the SimConnect functionality that my FSHostClient program needs. That would allow you to run FSHostClient alongside FS2020 and connect to an FSHost session, and see planes from all of the previous versions of Microsoft FS.

FS2020 is being developed by the French company Asobo Studio and they're still working on getting all of the SimConnect functionality working. I was able to run FSHostClient version 1.3 and see messages being exchanged between it and FS2020, which is a great sign. But their API documentation lists which functions are working and which ones aren't, and there are still several in the "not working yet" column that FSHostClient needs.

So I'm watching this closely and hope to have a new version of FSHostClient that supports it some time in the future. I'll post here on the forums as I find out more.

Thanks,
Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything