Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error in FS9: unable to connect to all players  (Read 7037 times)

NG666

Error in FS9: unable to connect to all players
« on: October 23, 2003, 02:26:05 PM »

Hi...   :)

i got FSHost3.0 running on one of my servers here, it works great, well kinda..:)
i cant connect no more than one user on it, when im connecting from my local network it works ok and connecting for external user is ok, but only one of us at the same time.
when im connected no other seems to be able to connect and visa vers, in other words only one at the same time, even if iv set it to accept 20 users and 5 observers..?

any idea?

best regards
Rolf
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 07:06:19 PM by russell »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Error in FS9: unable to connect to all players
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 06:02:26 PM »

Hi Rolf,

Can you tell what error you're getting when you try to connect more than one player?

Also, please tell me more about your network, especially whether you have a router, multiple computers, a shared connection, which machine(s) FSHost and FS2002/4 are running on (same or separate machines), etc.

Thanks,

Russell
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 07:06:50 PM by russell »

NG666

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 06:44:48 PM »

Hi Russell...

1. i get a error msg in Flightsim saying
"Connection faild, could not connect all players"
something like that..:)

2. i got 12 PC's in network here, and a firewall between me and internet..:)

3. FSHost is running on a dedicated Win2k server

4. im using FS9 on a seperat WinXP pc..

the problem seems to be that only one can connect at the same time, or well, in writing moment i see another connecting now, YES 2 players at once..)))

That seems that should be solved...

But in any case, me and other of my friends hav had this issue sometimes, when connecting to other FSHost 3.0 servers, i got no clue why, most of the time i get right in.
and just so its said, i have NAT port 23456 to the FSHost server as said in the tutorial.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 07:06:59 PM by russell »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 07:05:27 PM »

Ok, thanks for the details.

That error msg means that when you connected to the session, FS9 got a list of IP addresses for all players that were already in the game, but wasn't able to connect to one of them.  FS2002 used to just continue, and you wouldn't see that player, but FS9 aborts the connection and won't let you join.

The problem is usually related to the ports being used.  When your FS9 tries to connect to one of the other players, some of the data isn't reaching that player, or their responses aren't making it back to you.

Since you have FSHost and FS9 on separate machines, and you said you're forwarding port 23456 to the FSHost machine, my guess is this...  You're probably using the default "Connect" port in FS9 (which is also 23456) and when you connect to another player on the internet, their responses are trying to come back to you on 23456, but those responses are being forwarded to the FSHost machine, and they never make it back to the FS9 machine.  Try changing FS9 to use port 23455 (or anything other than 23456) and see if it's any better.  To change the port in FS9, go to the Multiplayer connection screen, click the "Client Settings" button, and change the "Connect" port to 23455.  Then be sure to click the Search button again, since it won't start using the new port until you do.  You may also have to forward port 23455 to the FS9 machine, if your firewall is blocking it.

Let us know what you find,

Russell
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 07:07:21 PM by russell »

D-EDSJ

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 04:12:44 AM »

I know about this bug. Ok its very simple.

There 2 usere with a router on Host. If anyone does not really setup his router (missingport 2300-2400) he become this massage. A user with router is on host and dont open 2300-2400 and another user with router cant connect and get this massage. Or a user want to get on your host and dont open 2300-2400.

I was wondering by myself, i kick all player from host. And step by step to get the player online to the host and wait for the player who get this massage. The previouse of player are the problem. All player with router must be setup right or there more error as this.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 04:14:50 AM by D-EDSJ »
Pages: [1]   Go Up