Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using ports firewall  (Read 5112 times)

pt-rhz

Using ports firewall
« on: February 08, 2004, 02:11:27 PM »

I have the fshost 3.0 installed in a dedicated servant, with dedicated link of 2 megas, windows server 2003, and a firewall Symantec Enterprise Firewall.    

Do configure the doors UDP 2300-2400, UDP and TCP 23456, and UDP and TCP 47624, for FS 2002, but when do I try access using FS2002 didn't get to see the room of the fshost, but with FS2004 I do get to see and to access, what more I need to liberate in my firewall???  

I already tried of everything, I believe that FShost could be more practical in the subject of doors the they be used.  

I await his answer.

Tanks

Rubens Zolotujin

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Using ports firewall
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 05:23:48 PM »

Hi Rubens,

It sounds like you have the ports configured correctly, but here's the full list for both versions of FS, just in case:

FS2002:
TCP 47624
UDP 2300 to 2400

FS2004:
UDP 23456
UDP 6073
UDP 2302 to 2400

And for the Remote Access web pages, you might also need to forward TCP port 80.

When you try FS2002, can you find the session?  Or do you not even see the session name?

Also, you might post your IP address when it's online, so someone else here can try.

Russell

Mark_Cherry

• Blimey! Is that the time??
    • My PC Spec
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 08:01:25 AM »

Hi Russell,

this is a very useful post and ought to be put in the sticky-message area, for ease of reference, don't you think?

Am I right in thinking this stuff is now posted up in the website FAQ?

By the way, there was much discussion about firewall settings and FSH logon problems at our hub. It might interest people to know that I had no trouble at all logging into our host through TWO firewalls! XP's default one and McAfee Personal fw.

A touch extravagant as it meant editing two lots of IP permissions roughly once a week, every time the owner's server machine had been rebooted. And I knew when I had to do this as I could not get into the session if I changed FS's IP setting and forgot to simultaneously amend the firewall permissions.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 08:06:46 AM by Mark_Cherry »
regards,

Mark
NA698G
AHC Noble Air London Gatwick Hub

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 09:06:25 PM »

It's in the bottom section of the Help page.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything