Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radar screen thingy  (Read 20672 times)

Mark_Cherry

• Blimey! Is that the time??
    • My PC Spec
Re: Radar screen thingy
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 07:16:50 AM »

ATC RADAR SCREEN

It's a cool software, but... dos someone know a trick how to move from on to the other area with out a map change? is it possible to create a world map or something?

Mark

I've run this program myself, to get a feel of what our host's regular ATC person gets to see and work with. I have to say I was quite impressed.

Dunno about the CH program but this one can even let the controller zoom in to the point of seeing a map of all the taxiways, their designators and the gate numbers, so they can give you 'progressive taxi' instructions to and from the runways, if need be.

With progressivley lower zoom settings, they could act as tower/departure and the local ARTCC (centre) controller. If two players connect with this program and service adjacent areas (or one as tower/departure and the other as local centre) , when a player types in +fp or +fr in the correct way, it appears on the ATC controllers screen. He can type in extra info, if needed and at a press of a button, he can send this player's info over to the next controller or Centre operator. The receiving controller doesn't have to type in a thing!

Now, I prefer flying to controlling so, as far as I could understand from my brief look at Manuel's program in action, the only way to move to a different control sector (or switch from the tower/ground type to the Centre type) is to disconnect from the host and connect again, specifying the ICAO/sector name of the next area of interest.

Therefore, hopping back and forth is not as quick as a keypress but, in most cases, all your players are going to be in roughly the same locality at any given time anyway, so this won't be a problem. Get them all airborne, then shift to centre for the enroute segment, then change again to run as tower for the destination airport.

If I remember rightly, the furthest zoom setting covered an area upwards of 1000 miles across - Scotland to southern France on the same screen, say, or several US states at once, but your focus is locked in position and you can't scroll/pan the screen to a position where that would go off the edge of the screen.  

regards,

Mark
NA698G
AHC Noble Air London Gatwick Hub

Tanner

• Admin of TS Aviation
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 10:47:44 PM »

It's a nice program. The world wide view would be nice. Also a program to put an untowered airport in the box and get the nearest towered airport. That would be nice.

To change airports of FIRS in a session there is a little thing in one of the menus on the left. I can't tell you which one because I don't have it right now but, it does the exact same thing as when you start up.

-Tanner
Tanner S.

TS Aviation

wesleyroyer

• Global Aviation Vice President
    • Global Aviation
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 01:11:48 AM »

Ya know, is there a way you can connect a seperate application with FSHost that is only a "radar", then have it connect to the session, then "Mask" it from other players? Like the recive data thing, but not send.

Wesley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 01:18:51 AM by wesleyroyer »
NP876D

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Global Aviation - www.flygafs.net - gafs.hopto.org
"Pilot's Use Pledge"

wesleyroyer

• Global Aviation Vice President
    • Global Aviation
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 01:18:07 AM »

and in the new ATC Radar Screen (v5.0), you just click "File" then "Load all towered airports and ARTCC/FIRs" to change ATCd airports. Go to SimViation.com, then search for ATC Radar Screen v5.0. Download it. You will also need Manuel's Service Pack 3, which should be right above the download link.

Wesley
NP876D

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Global Aviation - www.flygafs.net - gafs.hopto.org
"Pilot's Use Pledge"

Abyss

• just give me a good ol' P-51
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »

i personally use my FSNAV with FShost and i got it installed to work with FS2k4 and it connects to fshost (anyserver running hosting for fs2004) and it sees the 2002 players just fine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up