Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with error for my Speed Stream router.  (Read 6197 times)

Tooie32

Help with error for my Speed Stream router.
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »

I have a problem for some reason the FSHost can't the web page for the IP refrence. Heres what the error says.

(Master Server registration aborted. The Master Server attempted to verify your server by requesting a web page from it, but was not able to connect to your IP address 192.168.254.3 on port 80. If you have a router or firewall, please change it to allow port 80 to be forwarded to your machine. For help, see the FAQ page under the help menu. Also please verify your IP address on the Options/Master Server window. FSHostSpy will not be able to show your server.

I did do the forwardings from my Speedstream router and the firwall that came with the new Service Pack 2 on XP. I also looked throught the help and did the same thing and still brings this up.

Can ya please help me?

Carl

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Help with error for my Speed Stream router.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 07:13:52 PM »

Hi Carl,

I'm not familiar with that router, but you might want to tell us in detail exactly what you did with both the router and the XP firewall, so we can make sure everything's setup right.  Be sure to give us the details about port numbers, port types (TCP/UDP), internal IP's, which machines are running which programs, etc.  Maybe someone will be able to spot a problem.

Russell

Tooie32

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:40:05 PM »

oh ok

Well on the Firewall that came with the Service Pack 2 I happen to Add the ports 80 and the default port for FS9 which is 23456 in the Exceptions Tab. They are both UPD

In My Speed Stream DSL Router I when't to setup, Port Forwarding, and put down the ports 80 for FSHost and 23456 for the FS9, and put them as UPD FOr Speed Stream there are two thing one is for for this address or for this router so I used for this router on both. THE ISPP I have is Frontier.net incase if need to know my ISP.

The IP address I used for FSHost is 192.168.254.3 Know when I loaded the FSHost the same error shows up everything else is loading fine but it just can't load the webpage for it registration.

I hope that is enough

Tooie32

1Re: Help with error for my Speed Stream router.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 01:12:27 AM »

Ok I manage to fix the problem but know I can't see my server in the Host Spy. I don't know whats wrong. the error is not showing up anymore. But the server is not showing up.

The new IP address I put down is 67.137.35.8

I have changed the UPD for port 80 to TCP on both Firewall and my router.

I really want this to work.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 02:27:40 AM »

Ok -- if you're not getting an error anymore, you should get someone else to check FSHostSpy for you.  Sometimes when you have a router, you won't be able to see your own FSHost because it's not able to go out and back in again.  But other people can usually see it just fine.

I checked the Master Server logs, and it looks like you registered ok, so I think it's probably working now.  Post another msg when you have FSHost running again, and maybe someone here can check FSHostSpy for you.

Russell

richard

Re: Help with error in fs host i use a router.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 09:33:39 PM »

hi i have a router in my network and i can not host a game there is stil comming a error??
the router im using is a T.tech willeres

Can ya please help me?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything