Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Connect  (Read 3980 times)

CaptKornDog

Can't Connect
« on: November 23, 2004, 04:49:26 PM »

To begin with: Yes, I've read the FAQs and instructions.

I just downloaded the FSHost and look forward to using it.

However, I can't seem to connect to it (or even find it )using my external (69.***.***.***) IP address.

I'm on Windows XP using Service Pack 2 and a LinkSys BEFSR41 router.  I know how to access my router but am not quite sure about positively opening the ports needed for "forwarding" (I've messed around with it and can connect my own computer to FSHost using my own internal IP) or which ones, not to mention the difference between TCP and such.

Can anyone help me with step-by-step instructions?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 04:51:05 PM by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog

Re: Can't Connect
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:08:35 AM »

I'm basically getting the following also:

Master Server registration aborted. The Master Server attempted to verify your server by requesting a web page from it, but was not able to connect to your IP address (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx - where this is my IP I got from whatismyip.com) on port (I tried 80, 81, 82). If you have a router or firewall, please change it to allow port 82 to be forwarded to your machine. For help, see the FAQ page under the Help menu. Also, please verify your IP address on the Options / Master Server window. FSHostSpy will not be able to show your server.

I guess I should ask what IP should I enter in also when trying to forward something? In my LinkSys interface next to the forward range there's "192.168.1.___" and I'm not sure what I want to put in the blank (I want to run FSHost on this computer with FS at the same time).   ???

CaptKornDog

Re: Can't Connect
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 07:02:11 AM »

Well I've gotten a server to work I think, I've had 4 people connect to it and it is on FSHostSpy.  However, I can only connect to mine for 30 seconds before I drop (this has always been the same way with SBRelay as well) - then I can't reconnect, getting the "unable to connect all players" error.  Can anyone help me with that as well?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything