Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ERROR Creating FS2004 session  (Read 5182 times)

bilbo_89

ERROR Creating FS2004 session
« on: November 27, 2004, 12:23:08 PM »

Hey. I am going crazy trying to figure out why I can't create my FSHost session. After having many problems with FS9 and FSHost with my D-Link DI-624 Router in the past, I am pretty familar with port forwarding. I have these ports forwarded on my D-Link router config website:

TCP 81/81
TCP 47624/47624
UDP 6073/6073
UDP 23456
UDP 2302 to 2400

I have tried everything! I keep getting this error message after I click the play button (to start the server) on FSHost. It hesitates at first a little, then freezes for a few and shows the not responding icon at the top right corner. After it's done having it's moment, this is what I see:

041127 19:53:05  ERROR creating FS2004 session. DirectX is reporting an error because UDP port 6073 is already in use. This can often be fixed by disabling your firewall or reconfiguring it to allow this port to be used by FSHost. McAfee's PrivacyService can also cause this problem. Some users have also reported that disconnecting their router from the internet before starting FSHost can fix the problem.

I have reinstalled DirectX twice, and tried changing the port from 6073 to something else but no matter what other port I change it to, it still says "UDP 6073 is already in use". Please help me as I am about to drop the FSHost Program all together.

Thanks
-Nick

bilbo_89

Re: ERROR Creating FS2004 session
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

P.S.- I have noticed lot's of people having trouble with D-Link Routers. Can anyone recommend a better router for gaming if I can't get this fixed?

-Nick

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 07:49:56 AM »

Hi Nick,

DirectPlay (which is part of Microsoft's DirectX) uses port 6073 for the FS2004 session.  So it's not something you can change, unfortunately.

Most likely there's some other program, or hardware driver, that's using that port, and interfering with DirectPlay.  The only thing I can suggest is that you try shutting down all non-essential applications, and then try minimizing your network setup as much as possible.  For example, disable all your network cards, disconnect from the internet, disconnect from your router, turn off all firewalls (including XP's), etc.  Maybe one of these will help you figure out what's interfering with it.  I'd start with disabling the network cards, that's actually helped quite a few people in the past.

Russell

bilbo_89

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 10:17:26 AM »

Thanks a lot for your help. I have both a wireless PCI card and the stock LAN card attatched to this computer. I was using the LAN card so I disabled it, and then enabled my Wireless card and BOOM, it worked!

Thanks for the help
-Nick

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:20:53 AM »

Great!  Glad that fixed it.  I've heard of that before actually, the network card interfering with port 6073.  No idea why it happens, but something strange is happening between the network card and DirectPlay there somehow.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up