Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Router probs. for player  (Read 4820 times)

Tanner

• Admin of TS Aviation
Router probs. for player
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:26:16 AM »

On one player he get's kicked off if one player comes on. And another player can't connect when he is on. I sent him a email with info from the FAQ and he said:

Tanner:
I have already forwarded all these ports. Did it last week to try to connect to HoverControl. I had the same trouble there. Yesterday, I went to www.portforward.com. I went through their install process for my router (D-Link Di-524). I had not done the DMZ yet. I did that and was able to get on Hovercontrol with 5 other players. Then apparently another player tried to get on and BAM! I was kicked off. I think that we encountered the proble m with Viper and I before I set up the DMZ. I don't know what else to do. I can't bypoass the router, because it will cut my son's internet access. Can we arrange a test to try now that I have the DMZ setup? It appeared that TSAviation was a safe place. You, seawolf, redbird, and a couple others of us were flying TSAviation and all went well. How could all of you get through my router and then someone else get blocked?
Anyway if you want to try to setup a test, I'd be happy to try. I just want to be able to fly.

I don't know anything about this and I know you guys know more than I do so, please help. He is a nice guy.

-Tanner
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:26:37 AM by Tanner »
Tanner S.

TS Aviation

SpectroPro

• Come fly with us!
    • Flight Simulator Design U
Re: Router probs. for player
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 01:08:27 PM »

One thing I know for sure, if you run a server, you can NOT connect to it via the standard port.  The person local to the server MUST use a different port.  So, if the server is running on 23456, that is what most of your users will use.  YOU, being local to the server, MUST use something else or you will boot them all.  Use 23454 or something like that.
- Join the Online University for Flight Simulator Design:  http://www.fsduonline.com/  
FlightSim Design University  -  Teaching how to design scenery, models, planes, mesh, AI traffic, and more...

NB_UK

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1! - emm ok Ya whooo???
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 05:33:38 AM »

DO  :o NOT :o use the DMZ function on D-Link routers.

By using this facility you are opening up your network for abuse.

This issue my not be your problem - if several users can connect OK then it could be their end, not yours.

If you want to compare port forwarding setup under the advanced tab just let me know

Sorry forgot to mention that I use the DI-714P+ router and the setup should be the same.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 05:34:49 AM by NB_UK »

SpectroPro

• Come fly with us!
    • Flight Simulator Design U
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 07:17:27 AM »

Or, Do use the DMZ feature and get a firewall on your computer.  Much much easier that way...and you do NOT open yourself up to anything.....  that you don't want, that is.  

I run a server computer that hosts my fshost server, teamspeak server,  KDX servers (2), mail server, web server, and UT2k4 server.  With all the ports that I have to have open, the DMZ is the ONLY option I have that is not insane.  I use Panda firewall and have never had one successful attack.  People try, but they just get slammed headfirst into my wall.  8)

I use Linksys and would never own anything else.  Panda is THE best firewall / anti-virus software you can ever use, so give them a looksee.  That other garbage one thinks it is the best, but I have tested them both on many computer networks, and Panda destroys it hands down.  The daily updates for its VP is un parrelelled, especially when you consider that almost all other AV companies get their info for their products from Panda to begin with.  

Ok..back to topic....DMZ is absolutely fine to open up on your computer.  But again, ONLY if you run a software firewall.
- Join the Online University for Flight Simulator Design:  http://www.fsduonline.com/  
FlightSim Design University  -  Teaching how to design scenery, models, planes, mesh, AI traffic, and more...
Pages: [1]   Go Up