Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i connect FSHOST to my server?  (Read 5014 times)

twinsplit

• fly Dan-Air @ www.flightlimit s.co.uk
Can i connect FSHOST to my server?
« on: January 16, 2005, 05:43:21 AM »

As from tomorrow i shall own a server, can i run fshost in the server? Have heard lots of conflicting stories. What do i need to host multiplayer fs9 to my own server? Please help?

Regards Mark

jonf

• Guru
    • Livewire Airlines
Re: Can i connect FSHOST to my server?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 06:09:45 AM »

Best suggestion. Just try and set it up first and see if it works. If it does then you'll save someone here from a LOT of typing to answer your question. If you run into problems then come here and post the specific problems and they can be addressed one at a time.

Good luck!

twinsplit

• fly Dan-Air @ www.flightlimit s.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 06:19:50 AM »

yes of course, i agree. But do i need anything else other than an empty server and fshost? Is that the way to start. Fshost supplies me with a static ip. Somebody told me i needed all sorts of templates and stuff?

Thanks for reply

Mark

SpectroPro

• Come fly with us!
    • Flight Simulator Design U
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 01:03:42 PM »

(edited by Russell -- this comment was completely unnecessary, and not acceptable on these forums. Please refrain from this in the future.)

1)  fshost does NOT supply you with any IP at all.  It's just a server program.  Your ISP supplies you with an IP and they decide if you get a static one or not.

2)  You need NOTHING other than FSHost to run FSHost.  Download it, install it, and run it.  You are done.  8)

(edited again)

Anyways, it is really simple.  Just as I stated.  Just run it.  Then you are done.  You can change settings if you wish, but you do NOT need to.  People connect to you via your IP address.   Make sure your router forwards all the ports you need to do (search for ports on this site to see what exactly you need to do as this has been talked about quite a bit lately) and make sure your firewall (you better be running one) allows FSHost to connect to the Internet.  

That's it.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 02:02:40 PM by russell »
- Join the Online University for Flight Simulator Design:  http://www.fsduonline.com/  
FlightSim Design University  -  Teaching how to design scenery, models, planes, mesh, AI traffic, and more...

AirFlyers95FM

• FSHOST IS MY FRIEND
    • AirFlyers General Aviation
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 05:13:34 AM »

Mark,

Congrats on the pre launch of your new server. By now you are aware that FSHost only works in the Windows arena.

One idea that might be useful is to 'intern' with an already existing FSHost server. See what they are doing, and learn first hand how they set up.

There are manyFSHost servers out there, and I am sure a few of them would be tickled to have some spirited help, in exchange for learning the ropes.
Thank-you Mr. Gilbert for FSHOST and your work in
the World of Multiplayer Aviation
Len Harrison
N195FM
AirFlyers dot Net
"Microsoft Flight Simulator Is My Friend"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything