Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error: Master Server registration aborted  (Read 5180 times)

FedExval

• FedEx Virtual Cargo AIrlines
Error: Master Server registration aborted
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:32:08 PM »

Is there a way i can change a suver ip because every time i try to start my FSHOSt it tells me this

050803 01:26:21  Master Server registration aborted. The Master Server attempted to verify your server by requesting a web page from it, but was not able to connect to your IP address (66.191.190.117) on port 80. If you have a router or firewall, please change it to allow port 80 to be forwarded to your machine. For help, see the FAQ page under the Help menu. Also, please verify your IP address on the Options / Master Server window. FSHostSpy will not be able to show your server.
But i did start it on my moms computer but now my computer has inter net and i would like to started as soon as i can. Please help Thanks Justin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 04:54:40 PM by Russell Gilbert »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Error: Master Server registration aborted
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 04:51:37 PM »

Hi FedExval,

Most likely the problem isn't with your IP, it's with port 80 on your machine.  Ports are sort of like doorways into your house, and you have several of them coming in on the same IP to your machine.  Port 80 is the one used by most web servers, and some ISPs block this port because they don't want you running a server from your home.  You can often get around this problem by chaning the Remote Access port in FSHost from 80 to something else like 81, 82, 1000, 15000, etc.

Russell
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 04:54:49 PM by Russell Gilbert »

FedExval

• FedEx Virtual Cargo AIrlines
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:45:58 AM »

Well does any one know how to get it fixed. who could tell me how to do it because i have no idea

Thanks FedExval

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:57:03 PM »

Did you try chaning the Remote Access port like I suggested?

In FSHost, go to Server / Options, change to the Remote Access tab, and change the port from 80 to something like 1000.  When you click OK, it should try to register with the Master Server again.  Try a few ports like 1000, 100, 15000, etc.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up