Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error when connecting to master server  (Read 4550 times)

Thralni

• Chicken god
    • Thralni's almight Avernum pages
Error when connecting to master server
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:33:45 AM »

060405 17:25:56  Master Server registration aborted. The Master Server attempted to verify your server by requesting a web page from it, but was not able to connect to your IP address (145.99.149.122) on port 80. If you have a router or firewall, please change it to allow port 80 to be forwarded to your machine. For help, see the FAQ page under the Help menu. Also, please verify your IP address on the Options / Master Server window. FSHostSpy will not be able to show your server.

Okay, I tried everything at least five times: the webserver HTTP settings, changing the ports from 80 to 81 and all the way to 100, also tried 1000 and some random numbers I could think of. However, it still doesn't work. Is there something I might have forgotten to do? I even tried creating a new thing at the Webserver (HTTP) screen, setting the name, port etc, but it didn't help. Please, I beg you, I grow more frustrated with the seconds, help me?
My website (click the "earth" icon to the very left) is mainly about an other game called Avernum, but in the "non Blades of Avernum" page (click the button in the lower left corner) one can find a link to the early start of my Flight Simulator 2004 website. Don't be shy and tell me what you think!

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Error when connecting to master server
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:38:25 AM »

Hi,

Yes, I can see in the Master Server logs that you've tried to connect on several different ports, but in each case, the Master Server wasn't able to connect back to your FSHost on that port.  Do you have a router?  If so, have you forwarded the same port you used for the Master Server to your PC?  Also, do you have a firewall that might be blocking incoming connections on that port?

Russell

Thralni

• Chicken god
    • Thralni's almight Avernum pages
Re: Error when connecting to master server
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:53 AM »

I'm a complete noob when it comes to these things. What exactly is a router, and where on my PC can I find one? Windows Firewall is turned off, but I have Norton enabled. May that be the cause? however, Iallowed Nortpnr to let through all traffic that FSHost might want to initiate.

So no, i didn't try anything with the router, for I don't know what it is, and therefor if I have one at all.
My website (click the "earth" icon to the very left) is mainly about an other game called Avernum, but in the "non Blades of Avernum" page (click the button in the lower left corner) one can find a link to the early start of my Flight Simulator 2004 website. Don't be shy and tell me what you think!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything