Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FSX and FSHost (?)  (Read 8835 times)

johannesmueller

FSX and FSHost (?)
« on: July 25, 2006, 01:03:09 PM »

Hi Russel!
From your comments it sounds like you're "in the know" regarding the multiplayer code in FSX. It doesn't really fit into the beta-discussions here, but perhaps you can give me a little tip. This "soon" FSHost server is set up to be replaced (don't say it too loudly, it might hear it and die too early :D). If FSX is completely different regarding multiplayer (as they've been "leaking") it might make sense to just get an old box to run FSHost until most people have moved to FSX -- if FSHost however will remain useful with FSX, I'd rather get a better box to use and be prepared.

What do you think? Should I prepare the server for FSX on the same server or should I just pull FSHost through on an older box? (if you can't reply, just say so :D :D)

Thanks!!
John

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: FSX and FSHost (?)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »

I'm hoping to be able to support it.  Time will tell...

Sorry I don't have a better answer right now, but I'll let you know when I do.  :)

Russell

Walter Correa Jr

• SimPilots Brasil
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »

Did someone try the Demo FSX with FSHost?
I am downloading it now (636MB) and will try soon.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 06:17:19 PM »

Sorry the FSX demo won't work with FSHost.  They've changed to a completely different networking system -- no longer using DirectPlay now, which Microsoft says is officially "deprecated".  I still hope to have support in FSHost for FSX when it's released tho.

Russell

smallville

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »

Hi Russell i really hope your fshost will work on the new flight simX i think i would be lost with out fshost it is an amazing little program and i would like to thank you for it to

all the best to you all

les
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything