Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old dilemma resurrected  (Read 4423 times)

Corrupthawk

• FSEF.HOPTO.ORG
    • EliteFlyers
old dilemma resurrected
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:08:14 PM »

OK,  Here's my situation.  I run FSHost on another machine in my network.  When I start up FSHost it automatically adds the ports to be forwarded into my D-Link router.  I can not remove the ports that are forwarded that FSHosts adds.  I also have added a port range where users can connect within this range (23450 - 23460).  Now I've checked my router and when your communicating within the network (computer1  to computer 2) it is not firewalled.  OK, now whenever I try to connect from my computer to the computer running FSHost sometimes it will connect and sometimes it won't.  What can be done to stop the server automatically adding those ports into my router?

I've also noticed that after starting up FS2004, whatever port is in the connect to box; this port is automatically added to the routers port forwarding page.  On our server I have asked people to only connect between ports 23450 - 23458; but to have ports 23450-23460 forwarded.  This leaves me 2 ports to connect too.  One for FS and one for FSNav.

Sometimes I can get in the server with 10 people in there and other times I can't even connect when 1 person is in.  Any ideas on this matter.
EliteFlyers -- We've got YOU covered coast to coast!!

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: old dilemma resurrected
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:17:59 AM »

Hi there, sorry for the delay.

I believe the reason the ports are being added to the router's port forwarding page is maybe because you have UPnP forwarding enabled in the router.  FSHost isn't able to modify settings in your router, so I'm guessing your router is seeing traffic on those ports and adding the forwarding entries automatically.  I think UPnP is doing that for you.

Russell

Cody

• Ultimate Flight
Re: old dilemma resurrected
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:32:03 PM »

I have a D-Link router and I dont have this problem. I think it is a very good thing that the ports automatically open, it makes things so much easier!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything