FSHostClient for FSX > FSHostClient for FSX

FShost For FSX Not Installing

(1/2) > >>

FTL:
Hi there the Exe will not extract and install, within the zip file that is downloaded there is only 2 files the fshost exe and the read me, is this correct??

Russell Gilbert:
Let's check the file you're downloading...

It should be FSHostClient1.0b1.zip, and inside it should be two files:

FSHostClient1.0b1.exe
Readme.txt

After extracting the files, just run the exe and it should come straight up, there's no installer.

If that zip file isn't the one you're downloading, be sure you're using the link at the bottom of the FSHostClient page:

http://chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/?fshostclient.html

Russell

smallville:
Russell Hi there mate we are now running your FSclient at Global Aviation Network www.globalaviationnetwork.org it works real very well player's are now saying FPS are now up in FS-X  ;D we all thank you so much for for work you have done mate all the best to you

les

N6722c:
I assume that the client  could be made to "RUN"  automatically  when FSX  is loaded,  by editing one of the FSX  config files  (XML files).

I know this is an added complication to install it this way,  but it may be something that could be documeneted so that those who choose to make running the client an automatic process when FSX loads, can set their system up that way.

Geoff

Russell Gilbert:

--- Quote from: N6722c on October 24, 2006, 09:18:15 AM ---I assume that the client  could be made to "RUN"  automatically  when FSX  is loaded,  by editing one of the FSX  config files  (XML files).
--- End quote ---

Ah, yeah, thanks for reminding me about that.  I'll eventually add more details to the Help page, but for the moment, here's how to make FSHostClient run automatically whenever FSX is started.

First, copy the following lines to the clipboard with Ctrl-C:

--- Code: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>FSHostClient</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\FSHostClient\FSHostClient.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
--- End code ---

Then open Notepad and paste the lines in with Ctrl-V.

Then change the "<Path>" line to make it point to wherever you have FSHostClient.exe on your machine.

Then save the file as "EXE.xml" in the following directory, substituting your Windows login name for "YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME" below:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

The next time you run FSX, it'll ask if you want to run FSHostClient -- answer Yes.  It'll then ask if you want to mark the program as "trusted" and run it every time FSX starts up -- answer Yes.  It will only do this the first time you run FSX -- every time after, it'll just start the program without asking.

If you decide later that you don't want FSHostClient to auto-launch, just rename the EXE.xml file or move it to another directory.

Russell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version