Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Port 80 on a Barricuda SMC Router  (Read 4226 times)

MadMax

Port 80 on a Barricuda SMC Router
« on: January 24, 2004, 02:32:54 PM »

I have no problems with IE using this off the same system that I am attempting to run FSHost. I have even disable the firewall (DMZ) on the router to see if that would work with no luck.  I have taken and changed ports to port 81 and forwarded it to the private IP address of the system that is running the software and when I restart the servers it still comes up with the same error.  Master Server registration aborted. I have even set the router to accept all ports for the IP range of all the systems on my network and the 2 systems that I have installed this software on still come up with the same issue.?  

HELP  :-/  At this point I am lost.

Mark

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Port 80 on a Barricuda SMC Router
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 06:04:47 PM »

Hi Mark, sorry to hear it's not working.

I searched for your IP in the master server logs and found the errors -- it's saying it can't connect to your FSHost at all, as you said.  I think the reason why you don't have a problem using IE is because it's making an outward connection, which as you probably know, routers usually don't have as much of a problem with.

It sounds like you've done everything you're supposed to though.  Have you verified your external IP address with the one that's being reported in the FSHost error message, just to be sure that the master server is seeing it correctly?  You might try http://www.whatismyip.com.

You also mentioned that you set the router to accept all ports for your machines -- I wonder if it'd be worth a test to also add the IP of the master server, which at the moment is: 217.116.225.78

Are people able to get to your FSHost public web page?  I'd guess not, but it's something to check also, in case it's just the master server that can't see it.

Also, are people able to connect to your FSHost with FS?

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up