FSHost 3.2 beta 1 released!

Started by Russell Gilbert, November 17, 2006, 09:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Gilbert

FSHost 3.2 beta 1, with several improvements for FSX, is now available on the Beta Download page:

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/?download_beta.html

Russell

hawkflyers.com

#1
im getting errors what should i do in the mean time i went back to version 3.0

061118 06:47:50  ERROR 0x80158175 creating FS2004 session
061118 06:47:52  FS2002 server stopped

mark786

I can connect to a session but cannot see the host's plane and vice versa. I can see player's name and all the plane info in the FSHost screen. "Show Aircraft Labels" are all checked in the FSX display settings. Anybody have any ideas?

canuck21a

I installed the new server and tested it with the newest client Beta. I had one session going with FSX and a second with FSNav from a FS2004 session. I also had another screen with the Web status. Although perhaps of no great importance I also had the latest FSUIPC installed.

I left the sessions on for 45 minutes with no obvious problems. I hope to try it with several players a bit later.

I have yet to see if a regular repeated message to all players will scroll across the FSX screen when the chat window is closed.

Quebec-Vol

Hello FSHoster's,
i have the same error:
ERROR 0x80158175 creating FS2004 session.
Thanks
Guy
Québec-Vol

Russell Gilbert

Quote from: hawkflyers.com on November 18, 2006, 04:58:07 AM
im getting errors what should i do in the mean time i went back to version 3.0

061118 06:47:50  ERROR 0x80158175 creating FS2004 session
061118 06:47:52  FS2002 server stopped

Hi there,

This is a problem related to the Session Comments (Options / Session window).  I changed a couple of things in this area of the code, trying to maximize the number of characters you could enter for the Session Comments in FS2002, FS2004, and FSX.  Apparently I set the limit a bit too high for FS2004, because that error means that the Session Comments are too large.

I wonder if you guys that are having this problem could try a few tests to help me out.  When I try it here, even with the max limit of 1900 characters entered, it works fine.  What's happening is that for FS2004 it only uses the first 850 characters, because that's all it can handle, but it uses the full 1900 for FS2002 and FSHostSpy.  So anyway, if you'd like to help, here's what to do:

First, start FSHost 3.2 beta 1, and go to Options / Session and save a copy of the Session Comments in Notepad so you can paste them back in later.  Then delete all the comments so it's an empty box.  Then click the OK button to close the window.  Then start the game servers with the green toolbar button.

Then copy the following text, including the < and >, which is 100 characters:

<23456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789>

Paste that text into the Session Comments box 9 times, to get a total of 900 characters.

Then click the OK button to close the Options window.  You may get a warning saying you've entered too many comments -- ignore the warning for now, since I just discovered that there's a bug with that message.  It always says you've entered 1900 characters, regardless of the actual amount.

After you close the Options window, see if you get error 0x80158175 again.

If you do get the error, try deleting some of the comments until you don't get it anymore.  If you don't get the error, add a few more and try it again (but try to remember how many you're up to each time).  Each time you click the OK button, if the servers are running, it'll try to update the Session Comments with DirectPlay, and you can see if you get the error again.  I think the magic number is somewhere around 880 characters, but it doesn't appear to be the same for everyone, because you guys are seeing something different from me.

Once you figure out the maximum you can enter without getting the error, please email me and let me know.  Or post here again.  I'll change the limit in the next beta and you guys can try it out then.

Thanks!

Russell

Russell Gilbert

Quote from: mark786 on November 18, 2006, 12:36:56 PM
I can connect to a session but cannot see the host's plane and vice versa. I can see player's name and all the plane info in the FSHost screen. "Show Aircraft Labels" are all checked in the FSX display settings. Anybody have any ideas?

Hi Mark,

I believe I replied to your question in email.  Please look for it there.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell Gilbert

Quote from: canuck21a on November 19, 2006, 05:36:54 AM
I have yet to see if a regular repeated message to all players will scroll across the FSX screen when the chat window is closed.

Sorry, this won't work, because the scrolling message is part of the multiplayer system that Microsoft has locked all of us developers out of.  I have to do everything from a separate window now, which is why the chat window is being created by FSHostClient, not FSX.  There may be a solution some time in the future for that, but for the moment the chat messages will only appear in the chat window.

Thanks,
Russell

Corrupthawk

Russel would it be possible too implement an invisible section on the screen that will stay "on top" of anything that is open?  This section could become visible when a text message is sent into the message system that is already implemented in fshostclient, and it would scroll this message.  I don't know alot about programming, but I have ideas.
EliteFlyers -- We've got YOU covered coast to coast!!

G-BAZZ

I have downloaded the lates bete version and I run as per instructions, as it is loading it says that the beta version has expired and I can download the latest version from the server then stops installing? Any reasons why?

Russell Gilbert

Quote from: Corrupthawk on November 21, 2006, 10:17:13 PM
Russel would it be possible too implement an invisible section on the screen that will stay "on top" of anything that is open?  This section could become visible when a text message is sent into the message system that is already implemented in fshostclient, and it would scroll this message.  I don't know alot about programming, but I have ideas.

Possible :)

Russell

Russell Gilbert

Quote from: G-BAZZ on November 22, 2006, 11:57:28 AM
I have downloaded the lates bete version and I run as per instructions, as it is loading it says that the beta version has expired and I can download the latest version from the server then stops installing? Any reasons why?

Hi,

Ok, first question...  what's the name of the file you're downloading?

And second, what is the current date on your computer?

Thanks,
Russell

hawkflyers.com

Sorry Russell i havent had a chance to shut down my server theres allways someone on there
as soon as i get a chance ill try the fix and ill let you know whats going on


thanks for the email