Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same as everyone else - problems with connecting.  (Read 4256 times)

Binkles

Same as everyone else - problems with connecting.
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:19:50 AM »

Hiya, I own a DLINK DSL 502T modem that connects to a wireless router (netgear WGT624) that connects to my computer (FS9 on WinXP) wirelessly, and to my laptop (crap win98 with FSHost) wired.

Phew

Ok, I've got both the dlink and netgear DMZing my lap ip (double and triple checked).

On the lappy if I go to 127.0.0.1 I get the FShost Server Status page

It doesn't connect to the master server, nor testing via dxdiag does it work.

Playing ping with the two machines is fine, they are both reachable.

I would like to set this up as a server, but alas I'm stumped.

Any help would be wonderful.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Same as everyone else - problems with connecting.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »

Hi there,

Yeah, tough problem.  Ok, first thing I'd suggest doing it turning off the DMZ and forwarding the ports.  I know that DMZ is supposed to just allow all ports to go through to the specified machine, but I've never actually gotten it to work with Flight Simulator.  Maybe it's just my router, don't know.  Here are the ports you want to forward from the router to the FSHost machine:

TCP 47624 - for FS2002
UDP 6073
UDP 23456
UDP 2300 to 2400
TCP 80 - for Remote Access

Of course if you've changed any of the ports (i.e. Remote Access to 81, etc.), you'll need to modify the above.

The other thing you can try is to connect directly from the modem to the laptop, and bypass the router, just as a test.  At least then you'll know where to concentrate your efforts.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything