Beta Test > FSHost 3.2 beta (INACTIVE)

3.1 "Error connecting to Master Server" - Will 3.2 resolve the issue?

(1/2) > >>

Midnight_Aviation:
Russell

We have three independent FSHost 3.1 sessions running simultaneously on our spare server (unmanned).  A business class sateelite up/down link (not the best but its been serving well us for two years).  We are based in north Florida and subject to addverse weather from time to time that takes us off line, and its allways when nobody's at the office.  Every other program will reconnect when the connection has been reestablished, even FSHost 3.0.  It appears that FSHost 3.1 times out after 30 minutes and will not automatically reconnect.  Will 3.2 offer an option to allow the servers to reconnect after the 30 minute timeout?

Log Example:

061204 19:07:41  Registered with the Master Server.
061204 19:28:19  Error connecting to Master Server. Will try again in 5 minutes.
061204 19:33:50  Error connecting to Master Server. Will try again in 15 minutes.
061204 19:49:05  Error connecting to Master Server. Will try again in 30 minutes.

As allways; great software!  Thanks for all your efforts,

Mike
Midnight Aviation

Russell Gilbert:
Hi Mike,

What's happening there is that FSHost is trying to make a normal web connection to the Master Server (at www.chocolatesoftware.com) but it's not able to reach it.  If your internet connection goes down and comes back up, I can't really think of a reason why FSHost wouldn't be able to connect.  But if it can't, I'd think you also wouldn't be able to reach the URL above in Internet Explorer, since FSHost is just telling the system to make the connection, and the underlying functions are the same as IE uses.

The only thing I can find related to all of this that changed from 3.0 to 3.1 is that when FSHost fails to connect to the Master Server, it reports the error, and it keeps trying every few minutes, but in 3.0 it didn't report again when it was finally able to connect.  At least not in the normal log -- it did in the Debug log.  3.1 says how long it'll wait before the next retry, and it then it always reports the next successful connection even in the main log.  So only logging stuff there, nothing related to how it connects.

Are you able to try some tests, by disconnecting the internet connection?  Maybe you can turn on the debug log in both versions and see what happens.  Also, you could run both versions at the same time if you set one of them to use different ports (see the Help file on how to run multiple copies).  Then you could see how both of them react at the same time.

My gut feeling is that there's not any particular timeout value that's happening in FSHost, but maybe we can try to find more clues with a few tests.

Russell

Matao31692:
I just read what u said and i tried it out but nothing!! I can't seem to not get the Master Server Error to go away, and my internet connection never goes out can any of you guys help me??

Russell Gilbert:

--- Quote from: Matao31692 on December 05, 2006, 04:35:50 PM ---I just read what u said and i tried it out but nothing!! I can't seem to not get the Master Server Error to go away, and my internet connection never goes out can any of you guys help me??

--- End quote ---

Can you give us all the details of what you're seeing, what you've tried, what kind of router you have, etc.?

Russell

Matao31692:
Yep!!

061205 18:58:59  Error connecting to Master Server. Will try again in 15 minutes. Please also check the Master Server URL in the Options / Master Server window.

And I'm using Linksys!! I'm not sure if this helped but thats all i can think of that might be blocking me from doing this!! however look at this mean anything if this is up!!??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version