Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem connecting and showing to other users  (Read 4052 times)

dutton

Problem connecting and showing to other users
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

I am able to connect to a freidns computer via FShost without a problem.

I installed it on my system, everything says all is working. It states I am registered with master server. But the friend can not connect to me nor do I see my server name show up in FShostSpy.

I have all of the ports set correctly in FSX. I have set Port 1000 for the substitution of Port 80.

Any ideas? I am thinking there must be something simple, but am at my wits end trying to figure it out.

For a bit more background on this, we have the exact same issue trying to connect directly in FSX. I can connect to him perfectly fine, but he can not connect to me.

I am running a D-Link DIR-655 and we have gone over the ports from a variety of sites and all is set correctly so I do not think it really is the router.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Problem connecting and showing to other users
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:34:58 PM »

Hi dutton,

I can see that you're getting registered ok with the Master Server now, both on port 80 and 10000.  As for not being able to see your own session in FSHostSpy, this is sometimes caused by your router not being able to go out and back in -- it's covered in more detail in the FSHostSpy FAQ:

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/?faq.html#fshostspy_own_session

As for not being able to connect with the sim, it would definitely suggest a problem with the router or a firewall, but it sounds like you've tried forwarding all the ports already.  Here's the full list again for FS2004, just in case:

UDP 23456
UDP 6073
UDP 2302 to 2400

These would of course need to be forwarded by both you and the person trying to connect.  If you post another message when you have a session up, maybe someone here on the forums can try connecting.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up