Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting using eTEC router  (Read 3810 times)

Hippo

Connecting using eTEC router
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:54:33 AM »

Hi Russell,

I have been trying out FSHost on my home LAN and am most impressed (postcard will be dispatched ASAP).  When running it on my old modem and using Internet Connection sharing over the LAN I had no problem but this meant having the local host machine always on which, since it's in the bedroom, my partner wasn't too happy about.  I took the plunge and upgraded to a router modem allowing an always on connection to my ISP.

I bought an eTEC AL-2108P I have configured the WAN and LAN as appropriate, I've set up port forwarding for port 81 and checked it's active - I can see the rule has handled the packets - yet I still get a message from FSHost stating the Master Server registration is aborted.

I have tried this using ports 80, 81, 1000 and 5000 all to the same effect.  I'm not even sure this is a port forwarding issue as I also fly on Pilot Club and they require port-forwarding to connect as well as pick up traffic and weather and I have been able to do this successfully.

I recognise you could not possibly have access to all the combinations of routers out there to resolve this issue so I have included a link to the manual on manufacturers site.

http://www.etec-components.co.uk/manuals/AL2108%20manual.pdf

Paul Reynolds

Hippo

Re: Connecting using eTEC router
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »

Doh! I've answered my own problem!  If I'd have bothered to look further down tha available documents on the eTEC site I'd have discovered this:

http://www.etec-components.co.uk/manuals/AL2108%20port%20forward.pdf

Though I've still no idea what was happening with Pilot Club and how I was getting on there, luck I guess!

Paul Reynolds
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything