Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Able to host b4 now not?  (Read 3780 times)

warped

Able to host b4 now not?
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »

Hi all
I was able to host a session ok on FSHost 3.2, with no problems. I got all the ports opened on my home hub from BT. NOW 2 weeks ago I could see my own game on FSHost spy, connect to it ok and get writing in the FSHost 3.2 as you should. This week I don't see any writing in the boxes where there should be writing telling you the progress of the connection or anything for that matter, just the microsoft error sound. The green arrow goes from green to black as it should but but no game no writing nothing. As well I got rid of all traces of the Host3.2 by using a program that completely wipes out anything you tell it too called Eraser. It don't work like recycle bin where all the pc does is allocate more space but keeps it on your hard drive. I got rid of the prefetch file as well to be sure it WAs all gone. Downloaded the program, ran it with no hope. The funny thing is, the server name I made previously, it remembers it for some reason. WHY? where els does the program store extra files and stuff as I think thats where the problem is. It's bringing up the problem by fetching this data from somewhere and using it. Which is not working. If anyone can advise me on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;D

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Able to host b4 now not?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with it.

I think what you're referring to is the log window at the bottom of FSHost, where it prints the log messages?  If you're not seeing anything at all there, it sounds like maybe you have a problem with DirectPlay, which is part of Microsoft's DirectX.  Try this...  In Windows, go to Start / Run, enter "dxdiag", and click OK.  That'll launch the DirectX diagnostic program.  Click the Network tab, and check for errors listed in the Notes section at the bottom.  If you're seeing errors, sometimes you can fix them by reinstalling DirectX.  You can download it at www.microsoft.com/directx.

The settings you mentioned are stored in the registry, and that's why it's remembering everything even after you reinstall it.  If you're familiar with the registry and how to edit it, you can delete all the settings under this key to start over with a fresh install of FSHost:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FSHost

If you're not familiar with the registry, let me know and I can send you a little file that'll reset everything.  But please try the dxdiag stuff above, first.

Thanks,
Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything