Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I get the register key?  (Read 9531 times)

planesrock

Where do I get the register key?
« on: August 25, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »

This is like very complicated, where do I get the register key?!??!

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Where do I get the register key?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »

Register key for what?  Everything here is free.

planesrock

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »

No, alright, here's the issue. :)

I'm in game and I clikc "Add on" but then I have to "Register" something, however, how do I get the key and the password and username in order to register it?

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:49:51 PM »

Could you describe exactly what you're seeing?  Also...

- Are you using FSX?
- Are you using FSHostClient?
- Are you trying to connect to an FSHost server?
- Are you able to connect to the FSHost server?

If you can describe in more detail what you're doing, I'd be glad to help.

Russell

planesrock

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 04:55:17 PM »

I'm using fsx, and I'm getting this message when using FSHost I get this message:

070825 15:52:41  Master Server registration aborted. The Master Server attempted to verify your server by requesting a web page from it, but was not able to connect to your IP address (71.59.236.34) on port 81. If you have a router or firewall, please change it to allow port 81 to be forwarded to your machine. For help, see the FAQ page under the Help menu. Also, please verify your IP address on the Options / Master Server window. FSHostSpy will not be able to show your server.

I was told, if using fsx, to download fshostclient, but then I get this:

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »

Ok, first, you don't need a register key for FSHost or FSHostClient.  The "Master Server" registration it's talking about in the FSHost error message just means that your FSHost is trying to connect to the Master Server and tell it that it's running (that's the registration part) so other people can find your session in FSHostSpy (which you can also download here for free) and connect to your session.  But the Master Server is trying to connect back to your FSHost on port 81 to verify things and it's not able to connect.  If you have a firewall, you need to forward TCP port 81 from the router to the PC running FSHost.  If you need help with that, please give the specifics on your router.

Second, you only need FSHostClient if you're connecting your FSX to an FSHost server (either your own or someone else's).  If you only want to host an FSX game with FSHost, you don't need FSHostClient, because FSHost can already host FSX games on its own.

If you're trying to connect your FSHostClient to an FSHost session, you just need to enter your player name and the IP address of the FSHost server you want to connect to.  If you're connecting to your own FSHost server, set the IP address to 127.0.0.1, which is a special IP that always points back to your own machine.  You'll also need to change the "Connect port" to 23457, so that it's NOT the same as what your FSHost is using -- that step is only necessary when you connect to an FSHost server on your own machine.  Otherwise the ports should usually match between what you're using and what the FSHost server is using (23456 by default).

You may also need to forward some ports if you're using a router.

Russell
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 08:15:15 AM by Russell Gilbert »

planesrock

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

I'm in my dlink router right now under port forwarding, did all what it said, added port 81 under TCP.

Still nothing.

Does the ip address have to be the one listed above,  71.59.236.34  ??

If so, d-link wont let me use that ip when adding a port in the forwarding port area.

I am using a Dir-655 D-link Moudle

Also, I have to head out, sorry, I'll for sure check back on this thread ASAP when I have a chance to, in about 2 - 4 hours.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:23:41 PM by planesrock »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:32:06 PM »

Ok, when you forward a port, you have to forward it from the router to the IP address of the machine running FSHost.  But not to 71.59.236.34, that's your external IP, which other people will use when connecting to your FSHost from across the internet.  You need to tell the router to forward it to your machine's internal IP.  It's usually something like 192.168.x.x.  You can find this IP address by going to Start / Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt, and typing "ipconfig" and then press Enter.

There are other ports you'll need to forward also, for Flight Simulator and FSHost.  But these are for normal game play, not the Master Server registration.  Here are the ports that need to be forwarded on both the hosting and connecting sides, depending on which version of Flight Simulator you're using:

FS2002:
TCP 47624
UDP 2300 to 2400

FS2004, and FSHostClient for FSX:
UDP 23456
UDP 6073
UDP 2302 to 2400 (not necessary if also forwarding 2300 to 2400 for FS2002)

If you need help with forwarding ports in your particular router, you might take a look at www.portforward.com and then click on "Port Forwarding".  Select your router from the list, and then select one of the "Flight Simulator" versions.  The instructions there only tell you to forward one or two ports, but be sure to follow the same steps to forward all of the ports listed above, depending on which version of Flight Simulator you're using.

planesrock

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 07:07:28 PM »

Ok, that is done, thank you very much. But after I get that done, then I enter the thing and there's nothing but blanks. No sessions, no nothing? What do I have to do?

planesrock

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 07:28:02 PM »

Also, what is up with the "add ons" on the top menu of my game?

planesrock

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »

NVM, I go tit all down, but when we host a session using this, does it appear on the official fsx multiplayer list?

multisync07

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 12:10:51 AM »

In reply to your last question it does not appear on the GameSpy listing within FSX, however it DOES appear on the FSHostSpy listing, you can download FSHostSpy from this site.

Multisync
http://www.simfly.eu

WWW394

• JVA - VP/WM - JANET VIRTUAL AIR
    • Janet Virtual Air
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 08:10:03 AM »

If you're connecting to your own FSHost server, set the IP address to 127.0.0.7, which is a special IP that always points back to your own machine

Russell

I believe the ip should be 127.0.0.1
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 08:16:43 AM by WWW394 »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 08:17:37 AM »

Russ,
 I noticed in a post you had 127.0.0.7 as the local ip, I believe it is suppose to be 127.0.0.1

Oops, you're right, typing too late at night I guess.  :)  I've corrected it now.  Thanks.

Russell
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 08:31:26 AM by Russell Gilbert »

WWW394

• JVA - VP/WM - JANET VIRTUAL AIR
    • Janet Virtual Air
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

Oops, you're right, typing too late at night I guess.

Russell

Been there done that...
Pages: [1]   Go Up