Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to see and FS sessions and join anyone online with FS2002  (Read 4929 times)

sgrayson

This is what I see when I open FSHost:

08106 08:58:19 Started FS2002 session ‘My session’
080106 08:58:21 ERROR creating FS2004 and FSX session. DirectX is reporting an error because UDP port 6073 is already in use. This can often be fixed by disabling your firewall or reconfiguring it to allow this port to be used by FSHost. McAfee’s Privacy Service can also cause this problem. Some users have also reported that disconnecting their router from the internet before starting the FSHost can fix the problem.
080106 08:58:22 FS2002 server stopped

------------------------------
It's been maybe 2 years since I have been able to fly online (I think). I used to use FSHost then I started getting this message, so I only could fly via Zone.com. Once the Zone closed I put the sim away. But now I want to fly and I am requesting assistance, if FS2002 is still compatible with FSHost.

I'm an ol' fart, so most of the posts I have search are "greek" or "geek" to me ... lol

Can you walk me through what I need to change? I use FS2002 on a P400 machine running Windows 98, with DirectX 9.0b, no firewall and no router and FSHost 3.2 installed.

Thanks

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Unable to see and FS sessions and join anyone online with FS2002
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:31 AM »

Hi,

Ok, if you have no firewall and no router, that definitely simplifies things and you shouldn't have to worry about port forwarding.

FSHost is definitely still compatible with FS2002, and there are plenty of FSHost servers out there supporting it still.

One thing though...  It sounds like maybe you're only interested in joining a game, and not necessarily hosting one yourself.  If that's the case, you don't need FSHost at all -- it's only for hosting your own session.  If you just want to join someone else's session, download FSHostSpy to find an FSHost session you want to join, then copy the IP address of the session, paste it into FS2002's multiplayer connect window, and join it.

Let me know if you need more help.

Russell

sgrayson

Re: Unable to see and FS sessions and join anyone online with FS2002
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »

Thank you for your assistance.

I download the FSHostSpy and still got an error message. I reminder I have MS Internet Explorer turned off and I use Firefox to surf with. I allowed the MS Explorer to work again and FSHostSpy works fine.

Thank you again and Blue Skies to you as well :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything