Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: others cannot see my session in fshost spy  (Read 6407 times)

nt350

others cannot see my session in fshost spy
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »

I know this topic has been discussed several times,  here is my problem: I can see my session on fshost spy and can join and open fp, but others cannot see my session or server with fshost spy. Tried having people join using IP within fs2004 multiplayer session window(session not shown after search) . Using fs2004 winxp,SP2 all drivers, updates current,  fshost 3.2.0.0, all necessary ports open, no router, have cable modem. Fshost sees my system, All ok.    Port Test all OK What am I missing?
Thanks in advance for any help
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:43:19 AM by nt350 »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: others cannot see my session in fshost spy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »

Hi,

Looking at the Master Server logs, I can see that your FSHost has successfully registered with the Master Server several times over the last few days, so it should be visible in FSHostSpy.  It looks like you're using the default port 80, so I'm not sure why people can't see it in FSHostSpy.  Can they get to your public web page coming from FSHost?  I mean, if they just type your IP address into a browser?

You might post a msg next time you have a session up, and maybe someone here on the forums can check everything.

Russell

nt350

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »

Russell, Thank you for the reply. I will try your suggestions.

PS.  I also sent you and email prior to your post on the forum. So you can proably disregard.

Thanks again

nt350

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:03:46 AM »

Russell, I have noticed on fshostspy My server Aviator One shows a Ping of "0" ms, would this indicate a problem with my connection?  Not sure just searching.   Thanks

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »

Russell, I have noticed on fshostspy My server Aviator One shows a Ping of "0" ms, would this indicate a problem with my connection?  Not sure just searching.   Thanks

No, that's ok.  It just probably means that your router is blocking incoming ping requests.  The ping numbers in FSHostSpy are just there to help people figure out how fast their connection will be to that server, but it doesn't have anything to do with being able to see the server or to connect to it.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up