Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can Join If no one else is on the server  (Read 7018 times)

Grudge1

I can Join If no one else is on the server
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »

Hi All;
   This just started.  I can join if no one else is on the FSHost server.
I am Using XP Home Linksys router as a gateway and expose the FS computer to the internet. I am on Verizon DSL.  I pass the FS-Port tests.  I have the Windows Firewall off I have my AVG off.  I use FSHostSpy to find the servers that have no users.  Everytime I try one of those I have no problems connecting.  If I try a server with even one player.  No connection is made.  I have no problems with the servers with no users even if they have terrible ping rates.  I have tested for three nights in a row and have read everything I can get my hands on, to solve the problem. I use FS2004 as my Fltsim program.

Thanks in advance;

Greg 'Grudge 1' Barnett
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:16:47 AM by Grudge1 »

N350CA

• PHP, FsHost, MySQL, And Java!
    • International Virtual Airlines
Re: I can Join If no one else is on the server
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:32:01 AM »

Hm... that is okward. perhaps try changing your connection port in the FS2004 multiplayer menu to one other than the default

Grudge1

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

I'll try it.  I would try Voo Doo, if I thought it would work :'(

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:31:18 AM »

Hi Greg,

You mentioned that FSPortTest passed all the tests -- that's good, and it's the first thing to try when you're having connection problems.

BTW, you can leave your AVG turned on, it doesn't affect port traffic like this.  I use AVG as well.

Although I know you said you tried several servers, the most likely situation is that although your machine is setup correct, someone else's isn't, in the session you're trying to connect to.  To be absolutely sure, the best thing to do would be to find someone else that has passed all the tests in FSPortTest and then get them to connect to an empty session first, before you connect.  Then you'll know for sure that both of you are setup correctly.

I've been thinking a lot lately about FSPortTest, and how to integrate it into FSHost, FSHostSpy, and FSHostClient.  There may also be a way for FSHost sessions to require that each person pass the tests in FSPortTest before they'd be allowed to connect.  Might help with this situation...

Russell

multisync07

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »

Hi Greg,

You mentioned that FSPortTest passed all the tests -- that's good, and it's the first thing to try when you're having connection problems.

BTW, you can leave your AVG turned on, it doesn't affect port traffic like this.  I use AVG as well.

Although I know you said you tried several servers, the most likely situation is that although your machine is setup correct, someone else's isn't, in the session you're trying to connect to.  To be absolutely sure, the best thing to do would be to find someone else that has passed all the tests in FSPortTest and then get them to connect to an empty session first, before you connect.  Then you'll know for sure that both of you are setup correctly.

I've been thinking a lot lately about FSPortTest, and how to integrate it into FSHost, FSHostSpy, and FSHostClient.  There may also be a way for FSHost sessions to require that each person pass the tests in FSPortTest before they'd be allowed to connect.  Might help with this situation...

Russell

Add such a feature and I will have your babies! ::kiss::

Grudge1

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »

Hi Every one;

Would like to thank all who read or contributed to my problem.  I have found the problem and it is now solved.  Somehow The MTU setting of the router became Enabled.  I have never used that and have no idea what it is for.  I seen it was enabled so, I disabled it and that solved the problem

Thanks again to everyone;

Greg Grudge1 Barnett

wesleyroyer

• Global Aviation Vice President
    • Global Aviation
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:18:20 PM »

Please add this feature! That would be awesome!
NP876D

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Global Aviation - www.flygafs.net - gafs.hopto.org
"Pilot's Use Pledge"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything