Chocolate Software Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Error problem  (Read 7120 times)

Capt.Vaughn

Server Error problem
« on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »

I have a problem with running my server.When i first start the server up, it registers with the master server just fine.After a little while
it gets an error that says,"Error connecting to the master server will try again in 5 min."After 5 min I get the same error measage but it says will try again in 30 min.Then I keep getting error measages and it never connects to the master server until I close out FSHost and then restart it, and restart the server,Then it registers just fine,then after a little while,the error measage, untill I start over again.Im not using a router, just the modem.I ran a server before fine,its just lately that im having this problem.Im using Norton firewall, ive checked all the program settings for the firewall,its all like it should be.Any ides?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:48:36 AM by Capt.Vaughn »

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
Re: Server Error problem
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »

Hi,

I checked the Master Server logs for your FSHost server, and you're right, I can see that it registers ok, and then some time later the Master Server removes it from the list because it hasn't heard from your FSHost in a while.  One odd thing is that every time the Master Server removed your FSHost from the list, it was almost exactly 2 hours and 15 minutes after your FSHost first registered with the Master Server.  Is there something strange that happens with your network after 2 hours and 15 minutes?  Is there something in Norton that shuts down your internet access?  It almost sounds like it's cutting off all your internet access.  Are you still able to connect to other web sites after you start getting the error messages from the Master Server?

Thanks,
Russell

Capt.Vaughn

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »

Ive checked all of the Norton program settings, everything for FSHost is set to allow.My internet never shuts down or anything,I can always use the internet just fine whenever this happens.

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »

Hmm, very strange.  Are you still able to connect to FSHost after it starts reporting the error?  Try connecting in both FS and to the web interface with a web browser.  http://localhost should work in a browser, and bring up the FSHost page.

Russell

Capt.Vaughn

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:24:49 AM »

After it starts reporting the error,I cant conect to FSHost until I close down the program and restart the program.Then I can reconnect to it fine,then after a while I get the error again and I have to do the same thing again.

Capt.Vaughn

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »

I think I found out why I was getting an error.I rechecked all my Norton firewall settings,tried it again and got an error.I was ready to give up,then i had an idea,I was running the server without running my FSX.I started FSX, started my server,its been up all day and no error! ::)So, evidently,for some reason you cant run FSHost as a stand alone program without also running FSX or at least I cant ::)Anyways my problem is solved YIPEEEE  ;D

Russell Gilbert

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • FSHost
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

you cant run FSHost as a stand alone program without also running FSX or at least I cant

You should definitely be able to run FSHost without also running FSX -- you don't even need to have FSX installed.  I'm not sure why it was different in your case, but glad to hear you got it working, anyway.

Russell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything